02/06/2010

The whacky world of ghost cults!!!

I was recently, well have been, doing some research on a cult that popped up in my hometown over a decade ago. I wasn't living there at the time but remembered the stories on the evening news. I wanted to find out what part of town they occupied just to see if I may have an interesting conversation piece on my new neighborhood. No such luck. I did, however, have something dawn on me. First, here is a bit on the Chen Tao cult that occupied Garland in the late 1990's:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9803/19/saucer.cult/index.html

Excerpt(I do suggest reading the entire article):
"In anticipation of God's arrival on Earth, the cultists have built what they say is a spacecraft using five radial tires, some plywood and a few lamp posts."

Now, most of you will laugh and with due cause. This is pretty damned ridiculous. In all honesty though; What is any different between this alleged "spacecraft" and what most ghost hunters are doing today with all the techno gadgetry?

Sitting in the dark with a beeping gadget, with nothing warranted to support its use to find "ghosts". Hell, there is not one shred of evidence that ghosts exist.

To be honest, the paranormal field is no different than Chen Tao, except Chen Tao knew when to say when and walk away..admitting they were wrong.

"However, Chen says that if God does not show up in Garland, he will make himself available for stoning or crucifixion -- and his followers will be free to pack up and go home.

And, he adds, everyone will be able to regard the cult's beliefs as nonsense."


I would be flabbergasted to see any "Ghost Hunter" find the balls to do that. Can't, can they?

No comments:

Post a Comment